- If you are caught up in a downpour while on the road, turn on your headlamps and your hazard lights.
- Keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you.
- When driving by another car, honk at least twice. Do this whether you are over-taking or driving in your separate lanes.
- Use only familiar routes.
- Avoid driving at the fringes of the road towards the shoulders; this will save you from running into an uncovered gutter or culvert.
- Unless you must absolutely get onto the road, stay home or in the office or find a safe place to park, if your car’s air conditioner is not working.
- Avoid aquaplaning.